JCJ Architecture invites design oriented hands on Senior Project Managers who have demonstrated outstanding leadership skills to submit their resumes for a position in a JCJ San Diego, CA office. Since its founding in Hartford in 1936, JCJ has expanded its practice to Atlanta, Boston, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Tulsa and San Diego. The firm specializes in the design of Entertainment and Hospitality facilities, K-12 Schools, Higher Education, Civic. All of our offices collaborate as one unified practice while benefitting from the specialized experience of our thought leadership.
The Senior PM that JCJ seeks will have more than 15 years of experience managing IHospitality projects with budgets between $10 million and $100 million. An architectural degree from an accredited institution and professional registration is required. A NCARB certification is preferred.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Responsible for defining project, set project budget, scope and schedule.
• Prepare, collect and consolidate information into Project Journal and conduct project initiation meetings. Ensure all project team members are aware of their project role and responsibilities.
• Responsible for completing Agreements; plan out and communicate project staffing needs.
• Prepare project schedule/plan; identify resources for each phase or task, and duration; develop billing projections
• Provide day-to-day project leadership.
• Responsible to support the team leadership, exercise authority to ensure that design and documentation efforts support the overall project plan.
• Responsible for maintaining regular project communication.
• Manage consultant performance and adherence to agreements.
• Responsible for invoicing; monitor dollars/hours spent to ensure cost of project conforms to project financial parameters; track additional services.
• Responsible to implement plans for correction of performance.
• Responsible for periodic review of project documents and inclusion of quality assurance review processes into project plan.
• Responsible for project close out; conduct client and internal “lessons learned” sessions.
• Prepare and present monthly reports on project progress and performance
• Demonstrated ability to manage complex and multi-phased projects
• Maintain regular communication with the client and team to monitor expectations and project team performance.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Advanced Computer and Information Management Skills (AutoCAD, Revit, Primavera, MS Project, Word & Excel, Deltek Vision or similar project management programs)
Education and Experience:
• Bachelors Degree in Architecture, or construction related field preferred.
• 15+ years’ experience in project management, preferred within construction or architectural related field.
• 8+ years’ experience with supervisory management responsibilities.
Please send a resume and portfolio samples to HR@jcj.com with “Senior PM – San Diego” in the subject line.
JCJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer.