Performs design and presentation drafting, plans/designs/furnishes interiors of various building types and must specialize in a particular field/ style/phase of interior design.
- Performs design and presentation drafting, plans/designs/furnishes interiors of various building types and must specialize in a particular field/ style/phase of interior design.
- Responsible for design and presentation drafting on interior design projects, including schematic design tasks and design development. Plans, designs and furnishes interiors of residential, commercial, or industrial buildings. Formulates designs that are practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes, such as raising productivity, selling merchandise, or improving lifestyle. May specialize in a particular field, style or phase of interior design.
- Prepares sketches or completes detail and layout drawings from verbal or written instructions on assigned projects.
- Develops interior designs and adaptations under the direction of a Senior Interior Designer.
- Implements requests for interior design changes and creates new detailed drawings accordingly.
- Responsible for understanding the design approach and quality of interior design for each assigned project.
- Maintains frequent communication with the Senior Interior Designer, Design team leader, Project Manager and other appropriate individuals to sustain proper information flow.
- Adheres to design schedules as directed by the design team leader.
- Participates in the preparation of proposal/interview materials to secure new business opportunities.
- Assists in preparation and presentation of finish boards, and finishes binders
- Communicates decisions on finishes selections to project documentation team, and specifier.
- Assists in coordination and selection of building and FF&E finishes.
- Assists in preparation and bid tabulation of FF&E bid documents and recommendations of products and systems for purchase.
- Interfaces with appropriate individuals to be kept apprised of any changes/or client activity that would have an impact on the project.
- Assists in the creation of interior designs and plans along with presentation material and design drawings for client meetings.
- Utilizes knowledge of interior design, building and finish materials, construction methods, integration of engineering disciplines and building costs and codes in developing interior designs.
- Assists and participates with project leadership in client meetings and presentations.
Job Requirements and Qualifications
Education and Experience:
Bachelors degree in design or equivalent work experience.
8+ years experience in interior design, design management and design services.
4+ years creating interior design solutions.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Professional Registration (preferred but not required).
Advanced Computer and Information Management Skills (AutoCAD, Revit)