JCJ Architecture is seeking a hands-on Interior Designer Entry Level in our San Diego office. Join our collaborative, creative, professional team to provide design support during schematic design, design development and construction documentation. We take tremendous pride in a portfolio of work that encompasses a variety of hospitality, education, commercial and civic projects across the nation. We practice a demanding discipline that calls for the highest quality in formulation and implementation. You will have the opportunity to contribute to the collective design skills of the firm, supported by a business framework that gives structured freedom to creativity and an overriding sense of purpose. We strive to connect with our clients in their world and to bring our extensive experience and knowledge to every project and every interaction. Most importantly, we understand that the world is changing and what we must do to help our clients adapt and thrive.
The position requires the ability to:
• Plan, design and furnish interiors of buildings. Formulate designs that are practical, aesthetic, and conducive to intended purposes.
• Prepare sketches or complete detail and drawings from verbal or written instructions.
• Adhere to design schedules as directed by the design team leader.
• Assist in preparation and presentation of finish boards, and finishes binders
• Assist in the selection of FF&E material for presentation, create finish boards and generate specifications of selected materials as needed for construction.
• Display well-rounded experience in FF&E specification, as well as design development and construction documentation.
• Perform interior design assignments that include conceptual design, schematic design, design development & support for completion and execution of assigned projects
• Execute on tasks efficiently and calmly when multitasking.
• Work under tight deadlines when the project requires.
• Be flexible and manage own work and work well with a team.
• Display an aptitude for technology, a desire to learn, and an ability to use a variety of tools for completion and execution of project.
Education and Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in design or equivalent work experience
4+ years’ experience in interior design, design management and design services
4+ years creating Architectural interior design solutions
Hospitality experience preferred
Revit v. 2017 or above
Sketchup, Photoshop, InDesign
Spec source or equivalent software
MS Office Suite – Excel, Word, Outlook
JCJ Architecture is a nationally-recognized design leader with a primary focus in the hospitality, higher education, and civic market sectors. With offices in Atlanta, Boston, Hartford, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix, Tulsa and San Diego. JCJ Architecture has been the recipient of numerous design awards and remains at the forefront of collaborative design process.
To apply: email your resume and portfolio to HR@JCJ.com, subject line: San Diego Interior Designer Entry Level.
JCJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to diversity. No phone calls please.