• Develop and oversee compliance with firm-wide Construction Document standards.
• Establish and maintain technical detail library.
• Establish procedures and oversee compliance for Construction Document Quality Assurance.
• Review the document production process. Create a system to reduce the number of errors and omissions.
• Meet periodically (quarterly) with staff who produce documents to review technical changes / problems, trouble shoot & gather ideas.
• Coordinate efforts with the Sustainability Committee.
• Function as technical resource to assist and mentor staff on project level technical issues as well as overall quality control issues.
• Develop procedures for document coordination with outside consultants.
• Research and understand industry trends for document production, apply knowledge to improve JCJ delivery systems.
• Periodically travel to all JCJ offices to meet with team leaders to review and improve document production procedures (semiannually – minimum).
Bachelor’s degree. BArch/MArch preferred.
Experience in Architecture, Construction Administration and/or Business Management.
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Preferred: LEED AP
• 15+ years background in with an architectural practice
• Deltek Vision, preferred
• Microsoft Project Management, or a similar program.
To apply: email your resume to HR@JCJ.com, subject line: Director Technical Standards
JCJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we are dedicated to diversity.