New Haven Courthouse
New Haven, Connecticut
2014 (Phase 1)
The New Haven County Courthouse is a prominent architectural landmark on the New Haven Green. Built in 1913, the neoclassical building is regarded as one of the premiere beaux arts civic buildings in the area and is listed in both the State and National Registers of Historic Places.
This is the first comprehensive restoration since the courthouse was constructed. The exterior restoration includes a complete renovation of the marble facade, windows, bronze doors, skylights, exterior sculptures and monumental lighting fixtures. Repair methods commensurate with historic integrity and standards set forth by the Secretary of the Interior for Historic Structures were developed to address exterior deficiencies. The phase of the exterior work has been completed and future phases will complete the remaining elevations as well as structural issues.