Location: Boston, MA
JCJ Architecture is a nationally-recognized design leader with a primary focus in the higher education, civic and hospitality market sectors. With offices in Atlanta, Boston, Hartford, Los Angeles, New York, Phoenix and San Diego, JCJ Architecture has been the recipient of numerous design awards and remains at the forefront of collaborative design process.
JCJ Architecture is seeking a Senior Architect (Sr. Technical Architect) who prepares designs and documents, from schematic through construction phase in accordance with JCJ Architecture and industry standards.
Required: Licensed Architect
- Creates and develops building design drawings under direction of Senior Designer or Senior Architect, complies information to create project documentation.
- Maintains frequent communication with team to ensure proper information flow, and assists in keeping team apprised of any changes/or client activity that would have an impact on the project.
- Attends meetings with clients, project team as necessary.
- Obtains and assembles data to complete drawings, including, field verifying measurements as necessary.
- Assists in the development of presentation materials, drawings, models for client meetings.
- Provides document preparation timing/ schedules with staffing levels and is able to articulate needs to Project Team Leader to ensure document completion, adhering to overall project schedules and deadlines as directed by the PM.
- Coordinates structural, electrical and mechanical drawings and specifications with architectural drawings and specifications. Meets with engineers as necessary and articulates the integration of the architecture and the engineering with the full A/E team, including specifications group.
- Provides technical knowledge through schematic, design development and construction documentation to promote the delivery of accurate, detailed and coordinated project documents.
- Researches materials and incorporates accurate information into drawings and project cut book and coordinates with specifications group.
- Provides team with insight on possible material and design choices that may be beneficial in design or cost to overall project.
- Assists as necessary in specification preparation, including review of specifications at completion of each phase of project.
- Assists in Quality Control reviews throughout office.
- Understands how to use local and state building and fire codes and prepares Code Survey and Code Drawings for project. Notifies team members of possible conflicts between design and code
- Understands how to navigate through local zoning and approvals processes and assists PM in all necessary work for adherence.
- Performs construction administration tasks including shop drawing review, RFI’s, and document modifications.
- Participates in the preparation of proposal/interview materials to secure new business opportunities. Supports new business development opportunities by providing expert technical knowledge.
Professional Bachelor of Architecture (BArch) degree or Master of Architecture (MArch)
Training Requirements (licenses, programs, or certificates):
Required: Licensed Architect
AutoCAD v. 2014 or above
Revit v. 2014 or above
3D software (3ds Max, Maxwell, SketchUp)
Adobe Creative Suite (CS); Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
MS Office Suite – Excel, Word, MS Project
Preferred LEED accredited
Willing to travel
10+ years in related position
MSBA/DCAMM; Section. 149; Institutional experience required
To apply: email your resume and portfolio to HR@JCJ.com, subject line: Boston Sr. Architect
JCJ is an Equal Opportunity Employer
No phone calls please.